How I Spent with just 7 DOLLARS in the Mega Gala at School!

The rain pitter-pattered down the window as the clouds loomed over the sky, which turned into a dull shade of grey. I peered at the window as I saw raindrops racing down against each other. I grabbed my bag and put on my shoes. We (as in Mum and Ninang) took the staircase and walked over to the car. Our destination was school and I was curious and excited at the same time what the Mega Gala was about.        What I do know about it is that there'll be games, food, book and toy fairs in the event. My friend Ni Lar (who's from Myanmar) was chatting about the Mega Gala to me, so that's why I knew a bit about it. Me and my other friend Daniela didn't know (since we both started Year 5 at the same school) or heard about it, so we both were curious what was it about. Eventually we arrived and I passed the cookies to Mum that

Mum and Ninang made at 6 o'clock in the morning for the bake sale in the Mega Gala (See that logo? They have a business so follow my parents by clicking these links here → Tey & Yas Kitchen Facebook and Tey & Yas Kitchen Instagram). I walked to the gate and opened it. I waved goodbye to Mum and Ninang and closed the gate. I hung my bag and headed inside my classroom.   
                                                                                                                                                                                  💫

11:30am- It was time for the Mega Gala to commence! I was pumped up and ready to go. ''Manuka (the name of my classroom)! Let's go to Pohutukawa (which was where the event was held).'' Mathew (my teacher) said as he gestured us to the next door.  I saw pastries in 2 tables and most importantly, I saw Mum and Ninang's cookies! Eventually I settled for a rice Krispie for 1 dollar and 1 dollar for a lollipop. I paid up. I also saw a tiny table beside where Yuli (one of the Pohutukawa kids) was sitting. She was promoting for Sponge the Teacher (which is were you throw a wet sponge at a teacher of your choice) by selling tickets. I had to do it. So I paid again 1 dollar and Yuli handed in the ticket.  The minute they said they had a book fair I knew that immediately a book was definitely what I was gonna buy in the Mega Gala. I rushed to the book fair station to see loads of books cluttered messily on top of two tables. Other than the neatness, there was a large variety of fiction books to choose from. Some people donated books that is my cup of tea, they really have good taste in fiction books. I saw a book which was called The Queen and the Nobody Boy. I paid 2 dollars and got 1 dollar back. I was satisfied. But then a familiar book caught my attention. I gasped as I saw a book which was a book from one of my favourite series of all time; Pages and Co.  I hugged the book tightly into my arms. There is absolutely no cons about this book. In fact, I'll name 2 very important pros about the book. 1. It looks as if it was brand new and 2. It's ONE DOLLAR!!!!!!! I gave 2 dollars and received a change of 1 dollar. ''EEEKK!!!!!!'' I squealed in happiness. I shook Ni Lar's shoulders and she looked at me blankly. ''Should we go to the games now?'' I asked Ni Lar and she said ''I wanted to go to the games too.'' 

We walked through the rain and entered into the room where the games were held. We saw people wandering around, looking through the choices of games to play. We went our separate ways and it took a long time for me to choose a game. Eventually, I chose the Throw a Ball game. If you pay 1 dollar, you get 3 balls to throw into buckets and cups. If you pay 2 dollars, you get seven balls. I paid 1 dollar and managed to shoot 1 ball into the bucket. I attempted to shoot 2 balls into the bucket but failed miserably. I received a lolly and went to another activity.  I saw my friend Alimar's sister sitting on a chair with a table beside her, she was promoting for the Estimate the Amount of Candy game. On top of the table was a jar filled with candies, and then I thought it was meant to represent as a jellybean jar. I paid 1 dollar for 2 estimates; 84 and 94. We had Assembly a few hours later and they announced the winner for estimating the amount of candy inside the jar game. My classmate Kala won the jar. Guess how much actually was inside. 85 CANDIES. INSIDE. I was so outraged because a) I was super duper close and b) I didn't even get a single thing from that game. 

In the end, other than that ridiculous game of unfair estimating, I really enjoyed the Mega Gala and had the best time ever!


Here are the books I bought in the Mega Gala. Looks very new, doesn't it? Thanks for reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First-Ever Triumphant Victory of Sophia Ysabel

SPECIAL Post Bulletin * Grading to 6th Kyu*

Different Types of Poetry