My First Time in Le Cordon Bleu High Tea!

Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand

Inside the restaurant, we (as in my family) were with servers beckoning us inside. Sets of tables were laid out with napkins and cutleries. The only difference was that the cutleries were smaller, and also that the napkins were used for wiping our food in our mouths. The waiter carried a box of Dilmah tea leaves and elaborated about the tea leaves. Who knew tea leaves needed a lot of explaining? Ninang and I picked earl grey tea and Mum rose vanilla. While waiting, I looked around. The atmosphere was buzzing, the room filled with chatter. But at the same time, unusually peaceful. After a while, the server brought three teapots; one for Mum, one for Ninang and one for me. I poured my tea and smelled it.

I could smell its fragrance ushering to my nostrils. I poured some milk to my tea and a few teaspoons of sugar. I sipped my tea. A rush of warmth billowed to my stomach, which sent me goosebumps that prickled through my skin. Now all I had to do was wait patiently for a big, glorious tray to come up to my table.

                                    

Finally! The waiter brought the food by carrying by its handle, which was tied with a dark blue ribbon that said with a standard font "Le Cordon Bleu." YUM! And it was a treat. 

The bottom part of the tray was an Apricot Verrine with an apricot bavaroise, caramelised seed cluster and compote apricot. And the other hand, was a Black Forest Gateaux. Which unexpectedly looked a lot like chocolate cake. It consisted of chocolate genoise, griottine and mascarpone chantilly. In the middle tray (which looked the fanciest out of all of them), dolloped with somewhat cream, it was a Raspberry Choux. With a choux puff, hazelnut sable and raspberry mousse. Which explained the light pink well inside the Raspberry Choux. Beside the Raspberry Choux stood the Summer Fruit Mille Feuille. With puff pastry and diplomat cream summer fruit, it was so sour it made me pucker my lips. On top was a classic. Strawberry and CHAMPAGNE Macarons. Don't worry, it's not a heavy amount of champagne. And lastly, there was three scones placed on top but with jam, cream and butter on the side. But that's not all.



For savoury food, we had some delicious ham and cheese croissants.


We also had some Salmon Gravlax. which was basically salmon sashimi on top of some bread in a fancier way. 


But my absolute favourite was the Club Sandwich. Gosh it was goooood! It was served with chicken mousseline.


For the rest of the afternoon, I enjoyed a wonderful filling meal of some delicious High Tea at Le Cordon Bleu! With some earl grey tea. 



Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to follow me !






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First-Ever Triumphant Victory of Sophia Ysabel

SPECIAL Post Bulletin * Grading to 6th Kyu*

Different Types of Poetry